Sunday, August 25, 2013

Crazy for Jesus

I have never read about or heard of anything in the Bible that identified Jesus as crazy, so why do many of His followers behave like this?

Ahh, religion. Is believing in God or any deity a problem? No, not in and of itself. Then why are there so many verbal and physical fights and scuffles between believers and non-believers, and even between believers and believers? 

Somewhere along the line many of those who make the choice to believe in an all-knowing deity mistakenly begin thinking that their way of living and thinking and worshiping is the ONLY way to do such. Then, in their grand delusion of spiritual superiority they begin to behave in ways that are really baffling, stupid, absurd, ridiculous, cruel, hateful, angry, crazy, incendiary, divisive, dishonest, and pretty much everything that you would guess that Jesus himself would more than likely be against. Let's take a peek, shall we?

What is this guy doing? Is he mixing some strange version of Pentecostal worship with some kind of weird alcoholism?  Is that it? Is he trying to be cute and engaging? What is it with the "Oing! Oing! Oing!" he keeps saying? Find a 'drinking buddy' and shoot up with Jesus? A floating preacher suspended for twelve hours? What? This is flat out f*cking stupid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP8vQwymOuE

Oh DEAR Lord. What do people expect to achieve when behaving like this? Sure, this has got to be a skit (poorly executed I might say) but the basics of loony believers trying to evangelize the heathen masses is spot on. I will tell you now, in absolute truth and honesty, I know for sure that there were times that I sounded just like this. 

Back in the days when I still believed in God and Jesus and the Bible I know there were times I behaved just like this. I cannot begin to express my shame and sincere apologies for ever behaving like this toward anyone...ever. If you know me, Ester Lighthorse (or by my real name and not my pen name), as a family member or your friend or as a former friend or co-worker or whatever, and if I treated you in such an obtuse manner as I tried to shove whatever it was I thought was truth down your throat I would like to tell you that I am so sorry that I ever did such a thing to you. 

Yes, I was very young at the time. And while I did begin to think differently about what I was being taught about God and Jesus and religion when I was about 14 years old, I did not fully drop everything about the Bible and Christianity and faith and religion fully down the rubbish chute until considerably later. Still, I cannot rightfully use youth as an excuse because as true as I am sitting here now and typing this blog post I KNEW in the very depths of who I am as a person that what I was saying was wrong. It always felt WRONG, because to me it was immeasurably dishonest to take the handful of good messages in the Bible (like the strength and power of Love) and use those messages and the truth they offer as validation for lies and flat-out crazy shit.

Lovely. This is what many generations heavily burdened by the 'holy' bug insist on doing to future generations. How do you like what you see? And remember my position on this. I am NOT against religion as a choice for the individual. If you wish to believe, fine and power to you. What I AM against is ANY religion that attempts to smother people with out-of-this-world ridiculousness as to how people should and should not live. I am also against religion influencing politics on any level.

As I listened to this man rant and rave on how the people around him did not have faith two things came to mind. First, he says those around him have no faith. How does he know that they have no faith? Faith can be many things to the individual and the only viable answer I could come up with here was that this man meant that the people had no faith according to the preacher's interpretation and understanding of what faith is. Just a teeny bit biased, wouldn't you say?

The second thing that came to mind was the venomous rage with which this guy was preaching. Watch the film clip while viewing the video, and then play it again, except the second time close you eyes and listen to the inflection in this man's words. I found it to be very disturbing. I hope this is not an indicator of the direction that more and more people are claiming religion is moving in at an increasing rate, because if God is changing His message of love and salvation through Jesus to a message of hate, separation, prejudice, inequality, and justified cruelty...

This man's tidal wave of anger is a clear indicator that he does not know the first thing about what Jesus taught, or the ideals that Jesus is supposed to represent.

Here is a fine example of religious brainwashing. For the most part people maintain a certain conduct when interacting in social environments; there are things most people would do, and things most people wouldn't do. Then you have religion enter stage right. All of a sudden you have people absolutely ready and willing to do ANYTHING in the name of their God and His infallible truth.

Obviously the woman here could give a rat's ass and a good goddamn how absolutely foolishly she is behaving. Why? So long as the otherwise abnormal behavior is supposed to glean converts and add to the glory of God and His horrific plan for mankind, well...folks like this have special divine permission to do absolutely anything in the name of God. You know, I bet those idiot suicide bombers think the same damn way about Allah.

This is simply outstanding.

You know what? Maybe it isn't so much that Christianity has a vendetta against gays and lesbians so much as it is Christianity can feel the reigns of power and control slipping from its damnable grasp. Many Christians are SO desperate to remain in a position where they unfortunately believe and think that they are better (if only spiritually and eternally speaking) than all others, they will say and do ANYTHING. Many will have no trouble at all lying about the intent of those holding an opposing opinion. If Jesus were real do you think he would approve of this habit of lying? Gays and lesbians do not want to destroy marriage, no. Their intent is that they receive the same right and privilege to marry irrespective of their religious or gender preferences.

Wow. So much for Jesus loving the little children.

Haahaahaa!!!! Haahaah!!!! Holy cow this is great! What do you know? There are believers who are so crazy for Jesus that they will try to misinterpret history, or in some cases change it altogether. 

That's right. The bigger and more outlandish the claim, the crazier the individual making the claim is for Jesus. Look at the title of this video. Now look at the date it was posted. Jesus is coming soon? The freaking post is like two years old! Well, Jesus' interpretation of soon and the human interpretation of soon must be completely different.

Geeze, what the hell happened to the message of love and compassion supposedly offered by Jesus? And what is this shit about death being better than compromising? That's what the freaks who fly planes into buildings say. 

This is pathetic...and unfortunately very common.

Stupid is as stupid does.


No comments:

Post a Comment